What’s Going On
Where should I start? 2011 has been a year of change for me and because it has been a change for me, it has also been a change for the “Word of the Day” and for “Day and Dark Entertainment”. Much has gone on since the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011. The year is now nearly half way over and things still have not settled down. Here are the highlights in a bulleted list.
• Left Kingsland, Georgia to live in Pensacola Florida.
• Changed jobs at at&t from being an inside testing technician to an outside cable repairman.
• Published Shades of Plaid (A Very Unconventional Journey Into Christian Living.
• Changed college degree programs from Bachelors in Elementary Education to Bachelors of Arts in English.
• The Graduation of my son, Stephen and the upcoming graduation of my other son, Zachariah.
These changes have led to changes in day to day life and as a consequence, the Word of the Day has hit its first major snag after a glorious ten year run. I am finding it increasingly difficult to find the time to continue with a daily blog. Still, I don’t want to leave Word of the Day readers high and dry. I have, after much consideration made the following decisions about the Word of the Day and my online presence in general.
• The Word of the Day is going to be a weekly publication. It will have much of what you have come to expect in the Word of the Day. I plan to have a fact, a quote, a poem, a story, Plaid Rainbow comic, and a link to the latest Terrible Turtle Conspiracy.
• The Word of the Day will still be called the Word of the Day even though it is no longer daily.
• The Word of the Day is planned for Friday to coincide with the Terrible Turtle Conspiracy schedule.
• The Word of the Day will be posted on https://thejissilly.wordpress.com/ and sent in the email. I will post on MySpace only because I have friends that read it there, but I find MySpace to be extremely unfun, so when my friends stop visiting, I may drop that site altogether.
• I will add updates on what it going on with Shades of Plaid (A Very Unconventional Journey Into Christian Living and other writing endeavors on http://updatesinplaid.wordpress.com/ and provide a link in the Word of the Day
Thanks for being patient with all the changes. I still hope to have a lot of fun with everyone. Hopefully, I can still hit you guys with some high quality entertainment.
If you have any questions or suggestions I am open. I still hope to answer every single comment in a timely manner.